Thursday, February 23, 2012

A spontaneous brunch

My brother Dirk on the left and Callie of Cakebread on the right


Last week a quick breakfast with my brother spontaneously turned into a brunch of note. I was checking my supplies for breakfast, while my brother and his fiance were having a lie in, when I realized I didn't have any bread in the cupboard. So I 'quickly' whipped up two loaves of challah and slow sauteed some brown mushrooms with a dash of soy and truffle oil at the end. My brother had bought some beautiful cheeses and fruit which I added to the spread. 


Realizing that this was a meal which needed to be shared, we spontaneously invited a friend of my brothers who lives down the road, Callie Maritz of Cakebread fame. We were now set for the perfect lazy brunch, with great food and company. 


Callie and his sister, Marie-Louis do all kinds of fabulous foodie things. Just type 'Cakebread’s Callie Maritz and Mari-Louis Guy' into a google search and check out all their fabulousness.




For the challah bread recipe, click here! For my very serious mushroom sauteing theory click here!



PS - if you haven't already voted for me in the Eat In top local food blog awards - please do so by clicking on the icon below, then click on the pink voting button at the top of the page and following the prompts.

If you really really like my blog, then share it with your friends on facebook or twitter by clicking the share buttons on the left side of this page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment