Monday, June 13, 2011

My remedy for a horrible Monday... so far at least.

Earlier today I had just finished writings todays blog and recipe about the fantasic Beef Wellington we made this weekend and for reasons which are beyond my comrpehension I have lost all trace of it... deep breath. After a short spell of cursing, I realised that I hadn’t had lunch yet and that this would calm me down so I could think clearly before deciding what to do next.

I had a beautifully ripe avo and decided that that would make the perfect comfort food lunch. I mixed up a dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt and a pinch of sugar. Then I boiled an egg which I chopped up, along with some red onion and red pepper and mixed it all together.

I toased some whole wheat bread, filled the holes of the avo with the dressing and sat down to enjoy my lunch in the winter sun. I like lots of dressing and add more as I'm eating.

My mom used to make this as a starter for winter meals or just like I did today as a light lunch.

The filling can take numerous forms. Simply lemon juice, salt and pepper or the good old traditional shrimp and seafood mayonnaise, which seems to have had a revival since the 70's. What ever way your favorite way to dress an avo is, it is a fruit which deserves center stage and this is my favorite way to do it.

I will attempt to rewrite the Wellington blog tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment