Friday, May 20, 2011

Super quick salmon, sour cream and sweetcorn jacket potato


My blog today has to be super quick too as I have an uber crazy day! I love baked potatoes but when I am in a hurry, I confess, I either par microwave and finish them in the oven, or if I’m really lazy (and it’s just for a quick fix meal) I do just microwave them.

Earlier this week I had a packet of smoked salmon the fridge which was beckoning me, but I was super rushed and didn’t feel like getting into a big cooking and cleaning mission, but I wanted a warm meal, so here is what I did. I poped the spuds in the microwave for about 8 minutes. While I chopped up the salmon, I added a bowl of frozen corn to the potatoes in the microwave about half way through to defrost and warm up. With a stick blender I blitzed up some sour cream and a wedge of feta with a heap of freeze dried dill. I assembled the spud by cutting it halfway through in a cross, squeezed it open, sprinkled in the sweet corn, spooned in loads of the sour cream sauce and topped that with salmon and some dill for garnish. Voila, a 10 minute, super delish meal.

The problem came in after I had finished taking the pictures of the first potato only to find my kitten, Penelope, sitting next the chopping board where the salmon had been, licking her lips contentedly. My dear, Phiwe, had to have her lunch sans salmon! A strict kitten discipline regime has now started in our house!

1 comment: