Thursday, May 26, 2011

A juicy topic!

The first time I brought up juicing in a blog I got surprisingly positive feedback and yesterday I had a call from someone desperate to start juicing and needing advice. We have also all be flu’ish in the house to I decided to do some major juicing yesterday.

If you are interested in the topic of juicing and didn’t catch my blog about it, go to this link: http://domesticgoddesses-sa.blogspot.com/2011/04/okay-ive-gained-few-kilos.html

After that blog I got asked about recipes for juices, so I have added a few below which are pretty nice tasting but still really good for you. Allot of people tend to err on the side of adding lots of fruit and ‘sweet’ tasting vegetables when they first start juicing. That is fine if you are making yourself a yummy juice to enjoy just because.

If you are juicing for health or weigh loss reasons, this is defeating the object completely. You need to be very cautious of adding too many fruits or sweet vegetables (ie – like carrots) as you will get a sugar spike and this will trigger cravings and also the sugar low thereafter making you feel really tiered.

The ingredients guidelines for the juices I made yesterday are:

Green juice – apple, mint, cucumber, lemon and spinach

Orange juice – oranges, carrots, tomato and ginger

Red juice – apple, carrot and beetroot

I am a hardened juicer and juice pretty much most veggies. I use cabbage allot as it is an amazing source of nutrients, but it does taste pretty strong (adding lemon helps). Also things like potatoes and celery can be odd tasting but are still really good for you!

If you have questions, please feel free to mail me at: info@domesticgoddesses.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment